Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lily the wonder dog

Lily is a Chesapeake Bay Retriever who is on her last legs and probably won't make it to another winter. She has been a part of my family since I was sixteen and I have spent countless days on the snow in the Valhalla Mountains skiing with Lily. Lily has numerous traits that make her such a great ski dog: she loves powder, she has seemingly limitless energy, and when the snow's too deep, she'll head down the uptrack and meet you at the bottom of the run. Lily's affectionate nature made her the center of attention with guests at my family's backcountry lodge (www.vmt.ca).

Here are a few photos to help you appreciate Lily courtesy of Whit Richardson:



As I write this, my new dog Benny is sleeping under the table with his head resting on my feet. Benny has REALLY REALLY big shoes to fill.


No comments: